Intended Use of Personal Information
JINS HOLDINGS Inc. (“the Company”) uses customers’ personal information provided by customers for the following purposes.
- Sending information about purchase history, etc. to customers
- Offering information for reference purposes when a customer is selecting lenses
- Collection and return of payments for products purchased online
- Sending notifications of delivery of products
- Delivery of products requested
- Sending information on the Company’s products, services and various campaigns
- Improvement and development of products and services of the Company
- Sending other information on products as part of our sales after-service
If you disagree with any of the purposes indicated above, please contact the following to notify your disagreement. Otherwise, we will assume that you have agreed to our use of personal information for the stated purposes. You may cancel or change your notification at any time.
Disclosure and Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party
In principle, the Company does not disclose nor provide customers’ personal information to any third party; provided, however, that the Company may disclose or provide customers’ personal information in the following cases.
- When the customer has agreed to such disclosure or provision
- When the disclosure of information is necessary to protect the customer’s life, health or assets but it is difficult to obtain agreement from the customer
- When the disclosure or provision of information is particularly necessary for improving public hygiene or promoting the sound development of a child but it is difficult to obtain concurrence from the customer
- When the disclosure or provision of information is necessary in supporting the efforts of a state or local governmental organization or the party receiving consignment thereof to carry out the administrative process required by law, but obtaining agreement of the customer may interfere with the execution of the said administrative process
- When outsourcing all or part of the handling of personal information to a third party within the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use set
- When the obligation of the Company to disclose or provide information is stipulated by law or the disclosure or provision of information is permitted by law
- When the customer makes a purchase or request for a product or service of the Company or a third party through the Company, and the Company is asked by the third party or the shipping company to provide the necessary information
- When transferring information in connection with the Company’s transfer of all or part of its sales operations to a third party, or providing information to a third party as part of a business succession associated with a merger, company split or other circumstances
- When disclosing or providing information in a way that customers cannot be individually identified
- In the event there is a risk that the rights and assets of the Company or a prudent third party may be damaged due to the customer’s illegal act or violation of contract with the Company and the Company acknowledges that disclosure of information is necessary to suspend the illegal act or violation or to avoid any damage from occurring or increasing
Use of Statistical Data
The Company may, based on personal information obtained, prepare statistical data in ways so that individuals cannot be identified and use such data without restriction.
Personal Information of Underage Customers
In regard to personal information of underage customers, please provide your information only if there is agreement from your parent/guardian.
Party Handling Personal Information
The following party shall duly handle and manage personal information provided.
Personal Information Protection staff of Administration Division
JINS HOLDINGS Inc.
Inquiries about Personal Information
If you have any questions regarding handling of personal information, including disclosure, correction, discontinuance of use, deletion, etc. of personal data you have provided, please contact the following.
JINS HOLDINGS Personal Information Protection Helpdesk
Changes and Notification
The Company may alter the content of “Handling of Personal Information” herein without any prior notice. The Company discloses the latest information in this company website (https://jinsholdings.com/jp/) at all times. Therefore, please check the updated information periodically.
Supervision over Contractors
The Company may outsource the handling of personal information to an outside party for the purpose of providing customers with our services. When doing so, the Company selects a sub-contractor which is recognized to handle personal information appropriately, instructs the sub-contractor to manage and protect personal information in a proper manner and supervises the sub-contractor.
Compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and Other Laws
The Company complies with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws and regulations, guidelines issued by relevant authorities and internal rules.
Special Rules on Personal Information of Applicants for Employment
- Intended use of personal information
The Company uses personal information of Applicants for Employment provided by Applicants for Employment via the Website or other means, (personal information of Applicants for Employment provided by recruiters, schools, recommenders and other information providers), and results of interviews and examinations (the aforesaid collectively referred to as “Information on Applicants for Employment”) for purposes of screening and hiring process and provision of hiring information to Applicants for Employment.
When an applicant is hired, the personal information of Applicant for Employment is used for purposes of human resources management and labor relations.
The Company may extract from Information on Applicants for Employment data based on which individuals cannot be identified and use such data to compile statistics and to perform analysis as part of hiring activities.
- Use of Information on Applicants for Employment and provision of information to a third party
The Company will not use the résumés (personal information of Applicants for Employment) obtained in the course of the screening process for purposes other than the Company’s hiring operation.
In regard to the personal information of individuals who are not hired as a result of the screening process, the Company will be responsible for securely disposing of the information after the passing of a certain period of time determined by the Company.
- To provide customized services for each customer by referring to the customer information stored when the customer logs in to an authorized service
- To present the most appropriate advertisements on sites of other companies based on the interests of customers and the use of the Company’s Website
- To track the number of visitors to the Website and examine the traffic
- To improve the services of the Company
- For ensuring security, to encourage customers to reenter his/her password (reauthorize) after a certain period of time has passed from initial access
The Company may, based on the entrustment of delivery of the Company’s advertisements to a third party, store and refer to the Company’s cookies via the third party.